This week I wanted to talk about being consistent as part of your content marketing strategy. I know it’s something we all struggle with from time to time but by being consistent you have more chance of being seen by your ideal customer.
They may not see each and every post or email you put out there, so by showing up everyday you have more chance of reaching them.
Always have in the back of your mind that people need to see you at least 7 times before they consider purchasing from you. You should think of this whenever you resist putting content out there fearing your posting or emailing too much.
But why is it so difficult?
You get busy, forget to post once, twice a few times and then before you know it you’re out of the habit and it’s been weeks or months maybe.
I totally get this. It’s probably the number one problem I hear when I talk to potential clients.
So I just wanted to come and give you a few tips on being consistent…
1) Choose the amount of posts you are willing to commit to per week and stick to it.
It could be 3, 7, 14 – just pick a number but stick to it consistently week on week.
I recommended you start at one post per day per platform. If this is too much then try 3 times per week and build it up but stick to the days/times that your ideal customers are online (you can find this information out by looking at your insights).
2) Get into a routine by planning out your content marketing in advance on a weekly or monthly basis. Choose 1 day a month to get this done.
3) Try batching and scheduling your posts. You don’t have to do this for everything but it certainly helps if you do get busy and forget. At least you have something going out.
4) Don’t be afraid of repurposing content across channels as long as it makes sense to.
5) Have content themes and start to brainstorm what you could write about in each theme. These could be things like behind the scenes, testimonials, multiple choice questions/polls, quotes/memes, tips about your product/service, special offers, your lead magnet/freebie, awareness days etc. The list goes on.
6) If you don’t ever email your list or if it’s sporadic, start with a monthly newsletter (that’s only 12 per year) and build up to at least once per week. Same goes for your blog.
Whether it’s posting regularly on social media, sending out regular email campaigns, posting a blog post, showing up and engaging with other peoples content. Make sure you’re doing something everyday towards your content marketing strategy.
And remember it’s a marathon, not a sprint so you don’t have to do it all at once, gradually build up to it.
Start with just 10 minutes a day if you struggle for the time.
If you do struggle with any of this, please get in touch. I have lots of ways I can help from developing strategies to planning and creating the content for you.
I’m opening up my new Facebook group this week and I’d love to see you there. We’ll be covering things like this and I’ll be there to kick you up the bum to get it done. Speak soon,
...........................................................Need help with tech? There are a few ways I can help with that: 1. To understand what tech your business needs to scale click here for my tech toolkit. 2. Want to work with me one to one? click here to see how. 3. To join my free Facebook group, click here.